The Preschool program serves children who are 3 years old by September 1st with a teacher to child ratio of 1:8
We offer either a 3 day (M/W/F) or 5 day program
Aleph Preschool Hours
|7:30am – 9:00am||Yom Shalaim (optional before-care)|
|9:05am – 12:45pm||Morning Program|
|12:45pm – 3:30pm||Afternoon Program|
|3:30pm – 5:30pm||Yom Shalaim (optional after-care, ends at 4:00 pm on Fridays)|
Sample Daily Schedule
|9:05am – 9:45am||Welcome & Free Play|
|9:45am – 10:00am||Circle Time|
|10:00am – 10:15am||Snack|
|10:15am – 11:00am||Daily Activity or Specialist|
|11:00am – 11:30am||Large Motor Activities (Gym or Playground)|
|11:30am – 12:00pm||Daily Activity or Specialist|
|12:00pm – 12:30pm||Lunch|
|12:30pm – 12:40pm||Closing Circle|
|12:40pm – 1:00pm||Transition to carpool, nap room or rest|
|1:00pm – 2:00pm||Rest Time with Quiet Play OR 1:00pm – 2:00pm → Nap|
|2:00pm – 2:45pm||Enrichment Activity (Stretch & Grow, Science, Judaics, Wellness, Soccer)|
|2:45pm – 3:15pm||Free Play with snack|
|3:15pm – 3:30pm||Transition to Carpool or Yom Shalaim Room|
|3:30pm – 4:15pm||Daily Activity|
|4:15pm – 5:15pm||Large Motor Activities (Gym or Playground)|
|5:15pm – 5:30pm||Transition to Carpool|
*Fridays only → 3:50pm – 4:00pm Transition to carpool
- Expand social relations and work on being a good friend.
- Know and value similarities and differences.
- Learn to take responsibility for and exhibit control over own behaviors. Develop impulse control.
- Continue to build self esteem and confidence
- Engage in open-ended creative and dramatic play.
- Move toward independent self care.
- Build fine and gross motor coordination
- Begin/continue letter and number recognition.
- Refine listening and speaking skills
- Extend understanding of letter and sound association.
- Expand Hebrew vocabulary through a variety of language and literacy activities and through regular Hebrew classes.
- Develop a deeper understanding of mathematical and scientific concepts such as counting, sorting and pattern recognition.
- Participate in hands-on mitzvot opportunities and develop a sense that everyone can make a difference!
- Build a strong sense of community and a love of Judaism and God.
Ivrit: An immersion program focusing on conversational Hebrew is offered three times weekly.
Music: Weekly music class in Hebrew and English with focus on holidays, colors, body parts, etc.